Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tulip

Yay! Done with the first tulip! I was actually completely done the day before yesterday, but ran out of one of the colors in the stem. I had seven squares left to do and had to stop. That was really frustrating!

I don't know how I miscalculated the size of the fabric; I'm only going to be able to do four flowers total if I want to be able to cut them and have decent sized squares to work with. I just eyeballed it, though, so I guess that's how. I decided to flip the pattern for the second daffodil, and for the second tulip I'm going to flip the stem and leaves, but leave the petals the same direction. I have the quilt planned out in my head, I just need to decide on the actual fabric, finish my cross stitch and then get started. I'm excited for this project, I'd like to have it done by the end of July. I think that's pretty reasonable.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looks great!! I'm really excited to see how the whole piece turns out.