Wednesday, September 5, 2007

so so so close!

Today I actually decided I was done with this baby quilt. I pieced the top rather large, too large for a baby blanket, so I decided I'd just use the extra to hold it still in the frame, and then only quilt the portion I wanted to use. Somehow in my mind I thought I had done 5 rows of 4 squares and took everything down and admired my work only to recount and discover I had only done 4 rows. Boo. :( So I thought I was done, but I actually have to set it up again and do at least another row. I folded it under so I could get a better feel for the finished size and I actually think 6 rows would look the best, but this baby is due in less than a week. Granted, it doesn't have to be there before the baby is born, and getting a package a few days after they get home might be nicer than having one waiting for them when they bring the better new package from the hospital. ;)

So - I'm very close but STILL not finished. I can't wait to get it sent off, though. If I can do 2 squares every day I can have it all quilted by Sunday, do the binding on Monday and hopefully have it out by next Tuesday. IF.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

If it makes you feel any better, I just got a quilt for Baby A from my college roommate's mom two days ago. LOL I think Little Man's quilt from her had about that same 2 year turnaround time.