Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Enough Already!

Well, I put away the daffodil/tulip quilt to continue at a later time. I was just so bored looking at it anymore that I decided I should go ahead and start on the baby quilt for my friend and get it done, and then I could come back to this when I was feeling more up to it. I just need something new to look at for a while.

I've decided to do an X pattern over the whole thing, and I haven't gotten very far yet, I just set it up this morning. But it already looks good and I love the fleece-y/flannel-y fabric for the backing. I think it's going to end up being really soft. But I am going to cut it down to about half the size it is now so that it will be more of a baby blanket size than a twin-size like it is now. Which I didn't intend on making it, but I just kind of got carried away as I was making my rows.

Anyway, I have been thinking about taking some graphic design classes and seeing if I can make something happen from my digital imagining interests. Before I was a mommy I could spend hours in Photoshop just changing images around and having fun with my photographs. I'd love to get a job retouching photos or creating images. So we'll see how long I stick with this idea. Right now it's just a little musing, but it may be worth going after.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great idea! I always love when you retouch my photos for me. :P

I feel you on the intense boredom with a current project. I can't even seem to get myself to design the border on that joint project, let alone pick it back up. But I promise I will soon!!!